New Fireworks Ordinance

The City of Bowling Green Board of Commissioners recently passed ordinance No. BG2011-21 with regards to the storage, sale and use of fireworks within the City limits.
* The storage and sale of fireworks is required to comply with applicable City building and fire regulations along with zoning regulations and business registration requirements.
* Any person wishing to sell or store fireworks is required to fill out an application which is available online or at the Bowling Green Fire Department, obtain a zoning verification letter/approval, schedule an inspection with the BGFD and obtain a City business license.
* The storage and sale of fireworks is required to be in a stand-alone structure with a minimum of fifty feet of separation from adjacent buildings.
* Fireworks may not be sold in multiple tenant buildings.
* A City of Bowling Green issued permit for the sale of fireworks must be displayed at each location where fireworks are sold and any site is subject to inspection without notice or consent by appropriate City inspectors or officers.
* Fireworks may not be sold or given to any person under the age of 18 and may only be used between the hours of 10 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. by a person 18 years of age or older.
* One must be at least 200 feet away from any structure in order to ignite or light a firework.
For more information on the sale of fireworks in Bowling Green or for further explanation of the various types of fireworks or retailers, please view documents below in their entirety:
·         Firework Ordinance
·         Report Illegal Fireworks

If you would you would like to report unlicensed or illegal fireworks sales, please call 393-4000.
Fireworks Safety video could be inserted here

No comments:

Post a Comment